Modern and contemporary or a quiet sanctuary among the trees...?
Travel and high net worth individuals… Trust me, you should see some of the holiday pics I’m sent!
Whenever I’m chatting to my clients, the topic of travel inevitably arises. Some of my clients, particularly the high net worth clients, are avid travellers and indulge me with all of the best secret places to visit. So, feeling inspired, I thought I’d curate my own little Wishlist of places on my travel list and share with you guys for some holiday inspo!
Disclaimer: No affiliate links are used in this post.
Experience the most unique trip of a lifetime with your own private island retreat. This is one incredibly exclusive Five-Star Fiji Private Island Retreat with All-Inclusive Dining, free-flow drinks and special extra touches.
Intimate Fiji seclusion is taken to new heights at Dolphin Island, a one-of-a-kind five-star private island oasis, where you can truly escape from the world. Awarded a prestigious Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award in 2023, this beautiful island is all yours for exclusive use – be it a romantic stay for two, or a secluded escape with a few of your friends or family. Wake up each morning to the sound of palm trees rustling on the golden shores and turquoise waters, then savour authentic Fijian flavours with all-inclusive dining tailored to whatever your heart desires or take a dip in the tranquil infinity pool – the perfect spot for unlimited poolside cocktails – all while deepening your connection to nature.
Good to know:
- Cast away to this stunning private island haven and recharge within one of four beautifully appointed bures, with each one offering deluxe ensuite bathrooms with a separate bathtub, plush king bedding and spacious lounge areas decorated with authentic Fijian furnishings
- Dolphin Island is positioned 20 minutes away from Rakiraki and is within close proximity of other islands. Explore the surrounding islands and various dive sites located a short kayak or boat trip away, along with nearby villages that give you opportunities to immerse yourself in Fijian culture.
"An impression never experienced anywhere else, as if suddenly transported into a dream: an atmosphere of beauty, perfection & surprise...."
The product of Swiss-Italian expat Barbara Miolini and her Danish collaborator, Marie-Anne Oudejans, this hot, vibrant red hotel is definitely one to write home about – if you can get past the wait list.
This magnificent hotel includes monochrome palettes, jewel-toned colours and a heavy focus on handcrafting. They fuse both local and international aesthetics giving it a theatrical, fantastical feeling.
Good to know:
- Open since September 2022 & only nine-rooms
- Gracious country estate inspired by the fabulous traditions of the great hotels of the past.
- Conceived as a retreat, this wonderland allows guests the simple opportunity to dream
- The true return of a grand simplicity rooted in guest‘s individual experience of delight.
"Son Bunyola Hotel and Villas – Sir Richard Branson’s newest luxury hotel in the beautiful Tramuntana Mountains of Mallorca has officially opened and is already set to become the latest new home for those seeking luxury on the island..."
More than 20 years in the making, Son Bunyola Hotel has officially opened, joining its three showcase villas on the estate. Not just as Mallorca’s newest luxury hotel, but as a monumental part of Mallorcan history that has been meticulously restored, and is steeped in heritage on an incredible 1300-acre estate bursting with almond and olive groves, vines and citrus fruit trees; as well as three stunning miles of Mediterranean coastline.
Good to know:
- 26 rooms and suites, all perfectly styled by local interior designer Rialto Living who have brought a slice of Mallorcan charm with the collection’s renowned home from home character.
- Elegantly designed by local architect Gras and encompasses the main finca and the Tafona.
- The Tafona – where the historic olive press was previously located – is home to two stunning showcase suites with terraces and the hotel also boasts two unique Tower Suites with panoramic mountain and sea views – one of which was once a Medieval defence tower dating back to the 13th century.
Receive a warm welcome when you arrive at this incredible 5-star hotel in the historic centre of Santanyí in south-eastern Mallorca. Only available for adults and children older than 14 years old, it's just a short distance from the best beaches on the island. The hotel is a 17th-century mansion turned into a paradise of architecture, design and contemporary art.
Can Feretta hotel is in an enviable location near the extraordinary landscapes of Es Trenc beach, with its dunes and white sand bathed by turquoise water, and Mondragó Natural Park, where our guests can visit some of the most spectacular unspoilt coves in Mallorca.
Located in the quaint rural town of Santanyí in the south east of Mallorca, it was one of Europe’s most exciting new hotel openings in 2021.
Can Ferrereta will also be home to a Mediterranean restaurant, OCRE, complete with a Mallorcan patio, serving delicious seasonal dishes made with local produce. There will also be two bars, one of which will be a pool bar & restaurant named LA FRESCA situated alongside the 25m semi-Olympic swimming pool. A gym and a beautifully designed spa, named SA CALMA with hammam and indoor pool will also be available to guests.
Good to know:
- 32 individually designed rooms and suites, surrounded by verdant gardens.
- They have managed to regain its rustic character by keeping original features such as stone arches, wooden beams and the typical Santanyí stone used for finer buildings.
- The mansion is right in the centre of the town’s historic quarter, just a few steps from Plaza Mayor.
- Staff are known for being friendly and approachable.
- Comprises three painstakingly designed buildings that have been restored to preserve the legacy of Mallorcan architecture.
- Large, extensive grounds with impeccable landscaping where the past and present mingle harmoniously.
- Sophisticated simplicity breathes peace into the generous, rural spaces of a former family home
See the side of South Australia that you never knew existed within this incredible, one of a kind, adults only lodge. Sequoia is more than a luxurious lodge offering unparalleled experiences. Sequoia is the story of this region, its nature, and produce. Wherever you look and go, discover the land and its people, connect with the earth beneath your feet and find joy in the beauty of being.
Enjoy a dip in the panoramic infinity pool, take a morning guided nature walk or relax in artesian spring-fed hot pools fed by the mountain’s natural springs. Be enveloped by a world of sophistication and impeccable service during this truly unique experience that offers guests beautifully appointed accommodation paired with breathtaking views of Mount Lofty and Piccadilly Valley. Located a mere 20 minutes from Adelaide’s CBD, this hidden gem is so close yet so far from the everyday.
When it comes to dining, Sequoia Lodge offers culinary experiences like no other with three gourmet restaurants, four bars and a 4000 bottle wine cellar; dine in Sequoia Lounge, Hardy’s Verandah Restaurant, Martha Hardy’s Kitchen or the privacy of your suite, with menus crafted with the finest local ingredients, celebrating the flavours of the famous surrounding wine regions. For ultimate relaxation, indulge at Gatekeeper’s Day Spa, offering a range of luxurious treatments.
Nowhere else in the world are there four world-class wine regions found within a 50-kilometre radius. These range from the cool climate Adelaide Hills to the maritime McLaren Vale to the historic agricultural area of Langhorne Creek and the high-altitude Eden Valley. The region is not only home to the largest surviving koala population, but it is also one with extensive Indigenous history.
Good to know:
- Premium luxury lodges, epitomising unparalleled elegance in the Adelaide Hills.
- Sequoia sits on the side of Mount Lofty, high above the Piccadilly Valley in the Adelaide Hills, a region currently being considered for UNESCO World Heritage status.
- Days can be spent exploring over 200 vineyards and cellar doors in the Adelaide Hills, Barossa and McLaren Vale, Mount Lofty Botanic Garden and Cleland Wildlife Park.