There's nothing quite as seductive as a woman wearing leopard print especially when teamed with a slick of red lipstick. Sure, up until now it's usually been paired with black, white or gold but I prefer to try something a little different.
This year it started with a clutch and now, slowly but surely, animal print has crept back in to my wardrobe. Drawing inspiration from fashion royalty, the high street is teaming with some great pieces from zebra print all the way through to giraffe. Timeless, classic and actually really versatile here are the styling tips I give my clients and 28 pieces that I’m coveting (click on image to buy).
* For optimum sophistication pair with creams, brushed gunmetal or even clashing prints.
* Play with fabrics and textures. Think satin with mock croc, pony skin and snakeskin etc.
* Sunglasses instantly elevates any look – choose brown, cream or tortoise shell.
* Bring the look up to date with minimal jewellery – it’s all about the petite earrings and fine necklaces.
* Consider details – an oversized cuff, power shoulder or modern spherical shoe heel will modernise the look.
* Keep bags small – cross body’s and clutches work really well.
* If scared of too much print, just let an animal print shirt peek out from underneath a coat.
* If wanting a pop of red for instance, choose only one small thing to stand out. A bag or shoe will do – less is more!
* Do do double prints – don’t be afraid of a leopard print skirt and a leopard print top!